Friday, August 28, 2009

Loch Ness Monster on Google Earth!


I know I mainly do the movie and TV thing on this insignificant blog o' mine, so this falls in the category of "other junk that amuses me".

Apparently, this dude (who, no joking, is The Security Guard of Nottingham) was surfing Google Earth and found a picture of the legendary Loch Ness Monster. Dun Dun Duuuuuhh!! Right off the bat, that sterling example of London News Journalism, The Sun, has proclaimed that after five trillion years Nessie has finally been found and all it took was some dude paying attention while surfing the Internet.

Now, I dont' know about you, but take a look at the picture below and all doubts are instantly erased! I mean, how can you not tell that's ye ol' Nessinator.

Nessie!

Honestly, though, I do have a pretty active imagination. One that would be thrilled if something like this came to light. Nessie, Yeti, Sasquatch (though I'm pretty sure I saw him shopping at the store I work at today), UFOs, Donkey Kong. The idea that these things could exist excites the inner Mulder in me.

But first and foremost, I am a healthy skeptic about all this. That movie fueled love of the unexplained is governed by another part of me; Mr. Logic. This is why I both love and hate the series MonsterQuest on the History channel. It teases you with cool things that may be revealed and only finds just enough maybe sorta signs that there is a slight possibility something neat is going on.

I gotta see proof. Actual scientists need to show me tangible evidence before I can fully drink the Bermuda Triangle kool-aid.

And I hardly think a picture of what could easily be a couple of young lovers enjoying an afternoon in a row boat found by Jeb Smith on his laptop constitutes tangible evidence.

So, until the next photo op with Nessie comes around, I'll just keep believing these things are part of a vivid imagination.

1 comment: